Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/10/09

Ectopic Pregnancy

I was operated on for en ectopic pregnancy less than two montsh ago and I need to ask few serious questions
1. how does ectopic happen and when?
2. When can we start having s*x again
3. When should I take out my stiches
4. A tube and ovary were taken out for they were raptured , can I really have more children after this and how many?

I had an operation from a government hospital and I was not given enough infomation on this hence I am asking the forum.

Ectopic pregnancy usually happens when there is some degree of damage to the tube so that the fertilised egg gets 'stuck' here and does not get down to the uterus. You can have sex after 6 weeks. the stitches should be removed 5-7 days after the operation, unless you have absorbable stitches which will dissolve on their own. It is possible to have a pregnancy after and ectopic if you other tube is okay. There is no limit to the number.