Question
Posted by: TKN | 2011-01-19

Ectopic

Dear Dr.
I am 33 yr and have just had a laparoscopy and laparotomy for a 8 week ectopic pregnaqncy. Although the tube began to leak it had not burst and the dr managed to save my tube. i was in hospital for 3 days. What is the receovery time for this operation?
physio said no driving for 6 weeks as its the same as my c-section and doctor said i can drive immediately. Can you also please advise the best way to clean the wound? (all plaster has been removed)
Please advise
Many thnaks

The recovery time is 6 weeks, but you can probably start driving after 3 weeks as long as it is not painful. The best thing is to leave the wound open and keep it dry. It does not need any special cleaning.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-24