Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2008/10/06

ECTOPIC???

I did a pregnancy test last week and it was positive. I think that I might be about 4 weeks pregnant, last week I had small period pain like cramps but today and yesterday, I' ve been get sharp pelvic pains (its got a " burning"  sensation to it) and backpains - could this be an ectopic pregnancy - I havent had any bleeding at all

Mild cramps are normal in ealry pregnancy. If severe, you should see your doctor. An ectopic pregnancy can only be excluded on ultrasound.

1
Posted by: Betty | 2008/10/06

Hi there,

would be better to go to a gynae, Dr to check this out... at 4 weeks they can tell if the embryo is in the right place or not...

I had stomach cramps, thought it was a bugg, went to the Dr to check, he told me I was pregnant and sent me for a scan immediately to check that it' s not etopic...

The cramping I had was from the uterus stretching...

Good luck...

Reply to Betty