Question
Posted by: Cecilia | 2009/11/16

ECTIVA /REDUCTIL TABLETS

My GP has prescribed ectiva tablets which I have been taking for three weeks now, I still have a big appetite and that worries me because I was under the impression that the pills are meant to reduce appetite and cravings, what' s going on?

Dear Cecilia
Both Ectiva and Reductil contain sibutramine which is supposed to promote weightloss by 2 methods: 1) appetite suppression and 2) increased metabolism. Sibutramine is a serotonin (5-HT) and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SNRI),so if you are still hungry and suffering from cravings when using these diet pills, then you need to discuss this with the prescribing doctor because you may not react to either action of these medications. Other therapy such as Xenical may work more effectively in your case.
Do see your dr to sort out which diet pills work best for you.

1

Dear Cecilia