Question
Posted by: Albert | 2013/01/16

ECT

Can I get this done easily? How much does it cost?

THat's not quite how it works, one doesn't buy a particular treatment. ECT is a treatment, which can be effective if properly chosen for a properly diagnosed condition. But first one would need to see a good local psychiatrist, a specialist who could assess you and whatever is troubling you, and make a proper diagnosis of whatever might be going wrong. Then he would discuss with you the various options for treatment, which would include medications, talking therapies, and possibly ECT. After a proper discussion, when you understood your alternatives and their advantages and disadvantages, if ECT was the chosen method of treatment, the doctor would arrange for you to receive this at a proper clinic or hospital, and monitor the effcts.

5
Posted by: Albert | 2013/01/16

I cannot face another Shrink.
Thanks anyway.

Reply to Albert
Posted by: Maria | 2013/01/16

Google " soft bipolar" . Some people have primarily depression symptoms, with mild and atypical hypomania. They react better to bipolar mood stabilising meds than to only anti-depressants. Discuss this with your doc. I assume you''re seeing a psychiatrist? GP''s should not be treating someone with your history.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Albert | 2013/01/16

Major Depressive Disorder, was the last I heard.

Reply to Albert
Posted by: Maria | 2013/01/16

Albert what is your diagnosis?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Albert | 2013/01/16

Thanks. But I tried years of therapy, been on Cymgen and other unpronounceable Meds for 10 years. I am getting worse. Marriage is taking a knock, going to get fired soon.
The thought of talking to someone about it again makes me feel more hopeless.
Suicide has never been a thought, but recently the requirement of talking to someone to increase my meds or to get ECT, well, I am at the end of my tether.

Reply to Albert