Question
Posted by: YA | 2011/06/23

Ecotrin &  bruising &  Omega 3

I hope you can please advise me. When I was on Ecotrin I found myself bruising very easily and specially on my upper arm around the wrist. It would be like small blood blisters that would open at the slightest knock. I eventually stopped taking the ecotrin about 3 months ago.
But now after starting on OMEGA 3 supplements I find the same thing happening again. Is there any connection between the Omega and the bruising.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Ya

Omega-3 fatty acids may increase the risk of bleeding, and may indeed be responsible for your bruising. I'd suggest discontinuing the Omega 3, but if no improvement is seen you must a doctor.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/06/28

Hi Ya

Reply to pharmacist