Posted by: POSH | 2009-01-23

please can you tell me if its safe to take Ecotrin whilst pregnant because my gyeno prescribed it for me and yesterday i had a pinkish discharge and he asked me to come in to see him and he prescribed hormone pills because he said my placenta is separating and from now on my pregnancy will have to be supported. on my trip to get my prescription filled i had a chat with the pharmacist as i was a bit upset and the pharmacist told me that Ecotrin should not ne given to pregnant women as i thins the blood and that is why my placenta is thinnng and separating and also it has paracetamol which i should not take while being pregnant. please help im really concerned should i stop taking them or what.

Low dose aspirin, which is what you are taking, can be used in pregnancy to prevent certain conditions such as pre-eclampsia. Ecotrin contains aspirin not paracetemol. Listen to your gynaecologist.

Posted by: honey | 2009-01-23

I am also on Ecotrin ,which helps thin the blood to the placenta.Please call your doc if you are unsure and tell him what the pharmacist had told you. Good luck with your pregnancy , I understand your concern.

Reply to honey