Question
Posted by: Nicholene | 2011-04-04

E.Coli bladder infection

Hi doc,

One of my colleagues at work has contracted a terrible bladder infection. She informed us that her doctor said it sprang forth from the E.Coli virus.

She contracted the infection in a day and was told that had she not gone to the doc immediately she would have been admitted to hospital.

Could you please tell me how I might protect myself as I am prone to bladder infections and know am scared to use the toilet at work.

Nicholene

E.Coli is not a virus but a bacterial infection. E.Coli occures naturally on and in our body. A healty higienic lifestyle is all you need to protect yourself. If you are prone to bladder infection, I recommend that you consult a urologist for an examination and diagnosis, in order to find the cause for your recurrent bladder infections.