Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2012-11-22

eco friendly packaging

Hi There. I am opening a school tuckshop next year. I am trying to make it as healthy and eco-friendly as possible. What is the cheapest green packaging I can use? I have found online retailers but I don''t have R7000 to outlay on packaging! Please help me find a happy medium?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

That's a great project, and a good way to practically educate kids about environmental issues too. You don't necessarily need "green" packaging if your budget won't allow it at this stage. I would simply look for the cheapest packaging that can be recycled after use, and then install recycling bins and encourage your customers to use them. Most kinds of paper, polystyrene and plastic can now be recycled. Some packaging suppliers will have info on how to recycle their products.