Question
Posted by: Heidi | 2011/02/07

eating VS excercise

Im training 4 days a week for +- 1 hour a session at gym. I see a personal trainer 2 times a week aswell.
My PT gave me an eating plan last week...and well I LOVE eating. My goal is to loose 20kg by December.
So my question is....can I loose the weight by keeping my training regime up and still eat whatever I want? Please make note that I dont over do it with eating, but I enjoy my breads and pastas and the occasional sweet thing everyday....and am not willing to give up my fizzy drinks....

Dear Heidi
While exercise and an energy-reduced diet go hand in hand, the amount of weight you will be able to lose just by doing exercise without reducing your dietary energy intake, will be much less than if you use the combination. I don't know what type of diet your PT gave you, but it would be better to consult registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), for an individual diet plan. After all the PT trainer has not specialised in nutrition. You can still eat wholewheat or low-GI bread and pasta (in moderate portions), but I would recommend that you change your fizzy drinks to ones that are sweetened with non-nutritive sweeteners. Research shows that liquid sugar intake in the form of sweetened cold drinks, squashes and undiluted fruit juice contributes more to weight gain than having the occasional sweet.
Good luck with the slimming

2
Posted by: Heidi | 2011/02/09

Thanks Doc!! I switching to Coke Zero as we speak / type!!!!

Reply to Heidi

Dear Heidi
Good luck with the slimming