Question
Posted by: rjehandad | 2008/10/03

Eating Vegetarian Subway Salads+ Gym

HI,
For the last week or so i have been going to the gym early in the morning before having breakfast to do weight lifting and then eating subway salads (mainly veggie patty and tuna) for lunch. And i usually have a very light dinner (usually boiled eggs and wheat bread). I have found that eating like this usually keeps me full and stops me from eating junk food. My question is if i keep this going will it help me loose weight? or do i have to increase the number of times i go to do weight lifting (i usually go 4 times a week)

Dear Rhehandad
You will lose weight because you have reduced your energy intake and increased your energy output. However if you are doing weight lifting then you must expect that your muscle mass will increase and muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue, so you may weigh more even if you lose fat. 4 times a week is more than enough if you are doing weight lifting. If you want to just lose weight then you will need to change your exercise to aerobic ones like running, rowing, spinning, cycling, swimming or skipping. I also think your diet may become monotonous, so do check out the low-fat, high-fibre diet in this Website (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet).