Question
Posted by: Velly | 2012/09/28

Eating times?

Hi Doc,

I am trying to lose weight and have lost 6kgs already, and I still want to lose another 6kgs to be at 72kgs...I am 1.75m tall.

I pack my food and I get so excited about what I have packed that sometimes I eat my breakfast and lunch within 2 hours of each other. To give you an example -
8 am - 1/2 cup of allbran flakes and plain yoghurt
10 - instead of my snack I ate my lunch which was stew and rice.
It''s now 1pm and I only have 2 apples to last me till 5pm when I eat my supper.

My question is, will this terrible habit hinder my weighloss?

Dear Velly
Eating all the food you pack to take to work in one go early in the morning may well hamper your weightloss because this food is supposed to last for the entire day and to prevent you from getting low blood sugar levels. The latter can cause cravings and lead to you snacking on all kinds of unsuitable foods and drinks. So do try and keep to your programme and stretch the food to last over the whole day.
Well done for losing those 6 kg - you are a star!

1

Dear Velly