Posted by: Strange | 2009-09-07

Eating Soil, what could it mean

I am not sure what is going on but I have suddenly developed the habit of craving for soil, the other day, I even bought a few pieces of soil while I was in town. I ate them and really enjoyed them.

I am not pregnant and nothing about my diet has really changed. The only thing I can say is that I exercise 6 times a week and for an average of 2 hours every day. I do try and eat a balanced diet.

Is this a mental thing or is it an eating disorder??

Is something wrong with me, am I going crazy...

I'm not sure where you bought a soil snack, but I fancy I may have eaten at that restaurant, too !
Seriously, this is called PICA ( if you want to google it ). It can occur in early pregnancy, it has been descibed in iron deficiency, and is worth checking out with Cyberdoc and your own GP, for a general checkup. It does not indicate that you are going crazy.

Posted by: Red | 2009-09-07

Maybe you have an iron deficiency. Why not post on Cyberdoc as well.

Reply to Red