Question
Posted by: Shadodo | 2009/09/28

Eating plan and Exercising

Morning

I need you to advise me on the following eating / exercising plan
Will these help me to loose +-10kgs on the 2nd week of December?

Monday- Body workout (60mins)
Tues - Jogging (30mins) and Skipping (10mins)
Wed- Kata box (60mins)
Thurs- Jogging (30mins)and Skipping (10mins)
Frid- Treadmill (15min), Cardio (30min)
Saturday - Jogging (30 -45min) and Skipping (15mins)
SUNDAY RELAX RELAX RELAX

Eating Plan
Brkfast- Cereal with Skim/ low fat Milk / Fruit Salad
Mid Morning- Fruit
Lunch - Veges and meat
Noon Snack- Yoghurt / fruit
Dinner- Veges and Fish / Turkey/ Lamb
6 glasses ofwater before Brkfst and 6 glasses of water before bedtime
1 cup green tea before brkfst and again before bedtime. Am ATTENDING A WEDDING ON THE 12 DEC and i WANT TO LOOK GORGEOUS<  NOT ONLY FOR THE WEDDING BUT I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE MY LIFE STYLE

Dear Shadado
The diet you suggest is reasonably balanced and should result in weightloss, PROVIDED that you also restrict your portion sizes of meat, fish and poultry (just to ensure that your total energy intake is not too high to permit weightloss). The fact that you intend doing between 40 and 60 min of aerobic exercise for 6 days a week is also excellent and this will not only help you lose weight but also trim you nicely. I also like the fact that you have included a day of relaxation on Sundays because it is important to get sufficient rest and sleep. Your liquid intake of 12 x 250ml water plus 2 x 250 ml green tea = 3,5 litres of liquid a day (without counting the milk you have at breakfast). This is one litre too much and can lead to so-called electrolyte imbalances because important minerals will be washed out of your body. Please reduce your liquid intake to 2,5 litres a day and spread your intake out over the day (you won't sleep properly if you have 6 glasses of water before bedtime!). With this type of regimen you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week, thus in the 9 weeks before 1 December it is perfectly possible to lose those 10 kg.
Good luck with the programme

2
Posted by: Shadodo /kengkeng | 2009/09/29

Thank a mil Doc. I will spread my water intake out over the day.

Reply to Shadodo /kengkeng
Posted by: Anina | 2009/09/28

Please help me. I am about 25kg overweight, which I want to loose. I want to participate in The Big Walk in Cape Town. I walk about 20km per week, (2 x5km, 1 short speed walk, 1 x long distance.) On 2 days I do a bit of strengh an power work, as on Health 24. Sometimes I get very tired. my friends say it is because I do not eat enough Carbo. I was on " die dieet waarvan almal praat" , which does not allow you very much carbo. What can you recommend for me?

Reply to Anina