Question
Posted by: Shawna | 2012/02/07

eating plan after losing 20 kg''s

Last year in August I started using Herbex drops and replaced two of my meals breakfast and lunch with a meal replacement shake. I have lost 20 kilos.My problem is that I still have to loose a further 15 kilos but I find that it is becoming difficult having only shakes and I am now anaemic but I am so afraid to go on a eating plan because I might gain all the weight back.Please advise what would be the best eating plan so that I still loose the weight. Thanking you in advance

Dear Shawna
Although I am thrilled that you have lost 20 kg in weight, I am most distressed for your sake because you have anaemia. This is one of the reasons why I and my colleagues are so opposed to the use of unbalanced diets for weightloss. If you read the previous posting from Bigeasy you will see that one of the best solutions for losing weight is to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will assist you with a balanced slimming diet and help you address the anaemia you are suffering from.
The idea is always to lose weight, but also to ensure that you remain healthy and well nourished, not deficient and feeling ill. This is why we, as dietitians, always emphasise the use of a balanced diet for slimming.
Holding thumbs that you will see a dietitian.

1

Dear Shawna