Question
Posted by: Liza | 2008/10/27

Eating plan #45

Dear Vanessa

Thank you for your advice and I refer to #45.

1) Post workout meal

I usually have whey protein with water/milk straight after a workout, but only when I do weight training . When I get home in 20 minutes time I' ll have 75 gr of oats and 250ml of milk. Can I combine the post workout meal (whey) with this meal or should I have it directly after weight training.

2) Brown rice for lunch and supper

What amount in gram do you suggest? I usually have 75 gr of protein with it, veg and salad.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Lisa

Pleasure for the advice! It is best to take the whey immediately after training and eat your oats a bit later – if you are hungry it is fine to eat the oats within 20 minutes of training – just give the liquid food a chance to be absorbed before you slow its absorption by adding solid food.

The portion of rice will depend on the amount of calories you need per day – usually a portion is around ½ to 1 cup for a lady.

75 g Protein is quite high – I would reduce it to 50 g and rather have the other part of that serving later as a snack. The body does not assimilate more than 50g of protein per hour.

Good luck and take care!
Vanessa