Question
Posted by: jay | 2011-01-08

eating plan

Hi Diet doc

Need some advise re an eating plan. I am starting weight training with the personal trainer again in two weeks time and I would like to get a proper eating plan together. Although I eat very healthy I think that some professional assistance is key. I am also a pescaterian so thought it may be useful to find out exactly what food groups I shud be increasing to stay healthy and to fuel my muscle. Who is the best professional to help me with the above. A dietician? I would like to go to someone who has specific experience with food relating to weight training etc.

Dear Jay
You can indeed consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). When you phone the various dietitians in your area ask specifically if the person in question has experience with compiling diets for weigh training and muscle building. In the meanwhile, you can visit the 'Diet'nFood' site and do a Search for 'Diets for sportsmen and women' to read up about the various tips on how to change your diet when you start training.
Good luck with the weight training

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-08

Dear Jay
Good luck with the weight training