Question
Posted by: Eleanore | 2009-07-30

Eating plan

Hi there. Please could you give me a guide as to how many servings of what I should consume per day. I' m 38, female, 157cm and weigh 56kg. Although that is still a healthy BMI, I have some body fat around my bum that I would like to get rid of. I cycle 4-6x per week, for 90mins pd during the week and 2-4 hours pd over weekends. I also walk my dog for 30mins every night. I try not to eat too much during the day, however, when I get home at night the wheels come off. I usually crave something sweet after supper and then don' t stick to 1 biscuit or one scoop of ice cream... I' m sure this is because I don' t eat the right amounts during the day. I just want to lose 2-3kg' s before I go overseas in December. Please can you assist. Many thanks.

Dear Eleanore
Your present BMI is already practically ideal at 22,8. For an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh 54 kg, which is as you say just 2 kg lighter. You can check out the energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) on this Website and compare it with what you are eating at present. Because you do so much exercise you can basically use larger portions of the permitted foods to ensure that you don't starve. The diet will provide sufficient carbohydrates which you require as fuel for your exercise. The problem with the so-called 'fat depots' which in women occur on the breasts, hips and buttocks, is that they are often genetically determined. If other women in your family have large buttocks, then you will find it very hard to shift that fat no matter how little you weigh. Ask Fitness Doc for a set of exercises that target the buttocks that you can do to tighten up this area.
Enjoy your trip overseas

2
Posted by: Finesse | 2009-07-31

On the " Finesse"  web page is a " 21 day dieet" 
on top of page " jou Gesondheid" 
scroll down to " Wonderdieet" 
then download " 21 dae dieet" 

Reply to Finesse
Posted by: John | 2009-07-31

Look on " Diabetes expert' s"  page.
Click on " Basic diabetic menu for one week"  near the top.
Diabetes, slimming diet, they are al the same!
Balanced, low fat

Reply to John