Question
Posted by: Liza | 2008/10/09

Eating plan

I' ve lost a lot a weight through weight/cardio training and eating right based on the BFL-principles. However, I still would like to loose about 5 kg' s! Could you please advise on my eating plan. My stats are: length: 1,74 m and current weight 70 kg

Morning: half cup cooked oats and 250 milk

Snack: whey protein with 200 ml fat free milk
(what else for a snack - I' m not a seeds, chick pea etc
fan)
Lunch: 100gr chicken, veg, green salad that includes avo.
Sometimes I include a very small boiled potato with this
meal. Sometimes I eat bolognaise pasta made with 75 gr
wworths pasta and 100gr chicken.

Snack: whey protein with 200ml fat free milk.

Supper: 100gr chicken/fish, veg/brown rice, green salad that
includes avo.

Sometimes I also have once a week a portion of lean steak, cause I enjoy my steak

Also I would like to know, is fat free yogurt a carb or protein - I see in a previous answer you say that this is a carb - since the carb content is so much higher? Maybe I misunderstood your answer.

I' ve also read in a fitness mag that one peanutbutter the one without the added sugar and salt is considered as protein, what' s your opinion. If so, maybe I can have this a snack combined with a fruit for a carb.

Last question! usually directly after weight training I have whey protein mixed with ff-milk but I' ve read that to promote lean muscle and loose bfat one must drink this without adding anything extra. What do you think. I' m just afraid that adding milk to the whey increase my calorie intake per day is and thus being the reason why I' m struggling to loose the last weight.

Thanks for your expert advise.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Liza

Well done so far! I did a quick calculation and you should be consuming about 1700 calories per day if you want to weight 65kg. Thus you can reduce with max another 500 calories per day if you want to see speedier results or you could simply increase your exercise output by adding more sessions or making the current ones longer and or harder.

Re your diet: try the following snacks – venison biltong / FF cottage cheese and add a fruit / 3 provitas. Even make a smoothie with ice, ½ cup milk and strawberries + sweetener.
Definitely drop the bolognaise – mince is a definite no! Watch the pasta and potato rather use quinoa if you do not like the pulses.

As per traditional nutrition where the allocated protein per day is very low peanut butter and milk is logged as a protein, but in modern day increased levels of protein use yoghurt actually falls into a carb category as there is 2/3 rd carbs to 1/3 protein and the peanut butter will fall into a good fat group. Yes, you could eat your peanut butter with a fruit or even cottage cheese. What matters is that at the end of the day your calories balance and the macro nutrient ratios thereof – and for body for life that is 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats – then it is less important if you do not get the ratios right with each meal.

Adding the milk to the whey is perfect – don’t blame not loosing that last bit of weight on the milk – it is in the calories!

Good luck – hope this helps with the last stretch!
Vanessa

1
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/10/09

Excellent snacks fat free yogurt (milk and protein) with a fruit ~ i use banana or apple and add some nuts as suggested by expert. 2 provitas with thin spread of peaunut butter. I always thought wey protein shake will make me gain weight now i can live without it to be consumed straight after work out i mix 100ml fat free milk longlife with 100ml water. Essential for recovery.

Reply to Kasandra