Question
Posted by: pr | 2010/12/16

eating out

hi there dietdoc

i''m going for my work xmas lunch next week, but am concerned about the calorie content of the menu.

which would have less calories (sorry for the silly question):
A classical bouillabaisse style soup (seafood soup) or a gourmet salad (dressing on the side) with vegetable juliene, danish feta and marinated sun dried tomato (oil = calorie dense?),

i am trying to cut down on my calorie intake and dont want to mess it up.

thank you so much

Dear PR
The Festive Season is indeed a time when it can be difficult to lose or maintain weight because of all the functions and the high-kJ foods that are available. I think that both the selections you mention are good choices and should not interfere with your attempt to cut down on your energy intake. Even though the gourmet salad contains some oil, the very low energy content of the vegetables which make up the bulk of the dish should compensate for the dressing. I think the best thing is for you to decide what you feel like eating on the day and then enjoy your Christmas lunch. Just spend an extra 30 minutes a day for 3 days going for brisk walks or doing some other form of cardio exercise.
Enjoy

1

Dear PR
Enjoy