Posted by: Lisa | 2009-01-21

Eating nuts during pregnancy

Dear Doc

I am 15 weeks pregnant and would like to know if its okay that I eat nuts. I have read some articles against eating nuts while others recommend it as a healthy protein. Please clear this confusion for me.

Also will peppermint tea be okay to have?

Kind regards

People recommend staying away from nuts if there is an allergy in your family, which the baby could possibly have as well.
Peppermint tea is fine.

Posted by: Leandre | 2009-01-21

Hi Lisa

I am 14 going on 15 weeks pregnant.

Peppermint tea is just fine, but keep it at no more than 2 cups a day. Another very good alternative is Rooibos tea, it is very good for you and the baby (max 4 cups a day)

As for nuts, I am not sure, but I have been trying to eat it, but to no avail, this is the only thing that I can' t eat :)

I am seeing a dietitian and she included nuts in my eating plan, so I am sure it is safe.

Have a wonderful day!

Reply to Leandre