Question
Posted by: Rana | 2008/06/11

Eating habits

Can u refer me to someone that can help me with my son's [4 yrs old] eating habits? I need to get him intorduced to new food & I don't know how.

Dear Rana
If you are desperate then I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to guide you through this difficult period. You can also apply the tips that I mentioned in the articles "WEANING FOODS INFLUENCE THE REST OF YOUR CHILD’S LIFE" and "WHAT WEANING FOODS TO GIVE BABY" that were published on the Diet part of this Website in the past 3 weeks. Do a Search for them. Experts agree that you need to offer a child a new food over and over again and not get discouraged. It may take 2 to 20 attempts before a child will try a new food, so this is a period when you have to be super patient. Stick to offering a very small portion (1 teaspoonful) of the new food and keep at it until he has tried it.

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/06/13

Make it interisting and even if you dislike it don't show it in your facial expressions ect. and eventually he would get accustom to the tast.

Reply to Zexeon