Question
Posted by: Me | 2012-10-08

Eating for anxiety

I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks... often I feel like I''m really hungry and if I don''t eat I feel even more shaky, nauseous etc... most of the time I will have eaten something an hour or two beforehand. I have already put on more weight than I want to and I am scared of getting too fat. I try snack on things like provita and marmite, yoghurt and muesli but sometimes they dont satisfy my hunger.
How can I get past this cos I am sure its just my anxiety that is causing this chemical reaction that makes me feel so hungry.

Please advise.

This may be partly replated to the range fo chemical effects of the chemicals flooding your system during a panic attack, which may include increased hunger, though usually nausea and loss of interest in food. It may also just be that from childhoopd on, we tend to use comfort foods to relax and calm ourselves.
best see a good dietician to explore this more thoroughly, and plan a diet aimed at gentle weight loss and reduced hunger

2
Posted by: LL | 2012-10-12

I just want to mention that ''chronic stress/anxiety'' can also influence the bodies use of Insulin, so its possible that you might be experiencing high blood sugar, resulting in blood sugar dips (low) and then you will feel very hungry. Do you exercise? It might help to see a dietician and do daily exercise or something relaxing such as stretching or yoga.
Good luck!

Reply to LL