Question
Posted by: Maria | 2010/02/08

Eating, eating all the time...

Hey CS

Hope you and kitty are well.

I' m busy switching from Aropax (bad, bad nightmares) and Epitec to Trepiline. I picked lots of kg' s while on Aropax and it looks as if Trepiline is going to be even worse. I' m hungry ALL the time. The only thing that helps is not to be at home, not a very practical solution. Any advice you can give?

Hi Maria,
Kitty has just gone through another week of being on heat, and seems to be emerging. I am so pleased I was able to host her after she was rescued, but alas the visiting overseas vet who operated on her FAILED to spey her, making it terribly dificult and more risky for anyone else to try to fix his botched job, and left her with a hernia, too. And she has cross-eyes. How can you fail to love her ?
It reminds me of a kid who was asked what he called his teddy-bear, and he said : His name is "Gladly". When he was asked why he had chosen this unusual name, he said it was after his favourite Hymn he'd heard them sing at church : "Gladly, my cross-I'd bear".
Anyhow.
I know that though we vary in the extent to which we may be affected, but many people find it annoyingly easy to gain weight on ADs, and I have never found a really convincing answer as to why this is. As they're unravelling the mysterious chemistry of hunger versus satiation ( feeling full and satisfied ) and the hormones involved, maybe we'll get this clearer, and be able to intervene
Meanwhile, I suppose one of the benefits of not being at home, is that there's no tempting food readily available ( unles you spend the evening in a supermarket ). It does help to stock the home carefully, to have none of the fattening high-calory snack foods available, and to have rather raw veg and other more wholesome and filling foods.
Anyone else have any tips on this ?

2
Posted by: Hope* | 2010/02/09

Hi Maria, I asked my psychiatrist this exact question. Why do AD' s make us put on weight. She says that some of them promote a craving for carbohydrates. Hope this helps.

Reply to Hope*

Hi Maria,
Anyhow.
Anyone else have any tips on this ?