Question
Posted by: Kien | 2008-12-14

Eating disorder - what now?

I think I might have have BED, but I don' t know what to do about it.
What is the first steps that I need to take to get help?

I'm guessing you mean Binge-Eating Disorder, which is not yet an officially recognized diagnosis or abbreviation for a variant of Eating Disorder. Nor is it yet established that differentiating this from the existing and ecognized Eating Disorders is actually useful, as the treatment is likely to be much the same. YOu need to see any good local psychiatrist for assessment and confirmation of the most useful diagnosis, and can then discuss treatment options. Generally, this may include working with a unit experienced in dealing with Eating Disorders, CBT style therapy / counselling, and perhaps the careful use of some medication. But an good assessment and diagnosis is always the best first step