Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2008/07/31

eating disorder on and off for 6 years

help! have tried countless times to stop this disgusting addictive destructive behavior. starving yourself, then eating far too much then purging as a hope of feeing better, and the cycle continues. i am not in a position to get professional councelling or a psychiatrist, if i could i would, but i cant . i would lose everything if this sad side of me was known to those in my life. please give me advice, i am strong minded and have stopped this before until stress got the better of me and i leaned on eating as a stress reliever. god knows i want to stop this now!!!! i have had enough,. i want my life back!

You CAN get proper professional help --- from the Dept of Psychiatry of your neaest Medical School, and also it should be available through your nearest major state /provincial hospital. ANy shrink / doc uyou saw would be bound by confidentiality, so it wouldn't lead to your family or others finding out ( and they may well suspect it already, anyhow ).