Question
Posted by: Marietjie Bekker | 2010/04/14

EATING DISORDER

Lost 22 kg in 4 months. Only eat albran flakes and yougurt

Dear Marietjie
If you suffer from an eating disorder then you need to be treated with a team approach. Please consult a clinical psychologist (they are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you), to help you work out what underlying psychological problems are driving you to self-destruct and to learn most positive ways of dealing with these problems. You should also consult a clinical dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. If you are in Gauteng then it may help to contact Tara Hospital as they have an Eating Disorder clinic (phone (011) 783-2010. In Cape Town and environs you can contact the Kenilworth Clinic (021) 797-1400 and in KwaZulu Natal there is Riverview Manor (033) 701-1911, or contact them on: www.riverviewmanor.co.za
Go for expert help ASAP.

4
Posted by: Johan | 2010/04/15

Marietjie,
As ek ''n appel eet raak ek honger! Weet nie hoe kry dit reg nie!
Wens ek kon jou die 22kg teruggee, sal my goed doen!
Eet jy 3X per dag Albran flakes of net een keer?

Reply to Johan
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/04/14

How much and how many times per day?

Lost 22 kg in 4 months. Only eat albran flakes and yougurt.
Cannot eat any food ex meat (chickent etc)
If I eat 1 fruit per day then I am not hungry for the rest of the day until the next day
Do I have a eating disorder that I should be concerned about
My tyroid is under active and I have porfiria variegatha

Reply to Marietjie Bekker

Dear Marietjie
Go for expert help ASAP.