Posted by: JJ | 2009-03-19

Eating disorder?

I had a baby 7 weeks ago, and am breastfeeding her. I was quite strict on what i was eating to avoid her getting cramps, but NOW I eat all the time. I can not control my urges to eat, I literally put my plate down and head straight for the fridge, even though I' m not hungry. It is like I am obsessed with food and eat all the time..
I started taking eglanol 3 days ag, because I have been really tearful, but I still feel incredibly guilty for how much I' m eating, I' m scared that I' m putting on weight too!
I just can' t get my mind off food!!
Is this an eating disorder and what must I do?

Hallo JJ
Eglonyl can increase your appetite. Also try to avoid refined sweet food, and eat some protein with each meal. Breastfeeding makes one hungry too, as you need to provide energy to make the milk too!