Question
Posted by: Magriet | 2011/10/03

EATING DINNER AFTER 7

I picked up 3 kilos the past couple of months and cannot loose it, doesn''t matte what I do. My husband changed jobs and now works long hours and only comes home after 7 at night, I wait for him to have dinner. Can having my dinner soooo late be the reason for me picking up the 3 kilos and not loosing it?

Dear Magriet
I don't think that it is necessarily the lateness of your dinner time that influenced your weight gain, after all people living in Mediterranean countries only have dinner after 9 or 10 pm! and they are know to be less inclined to obesity than those of us eating a 'western' diet. There could be other factors that play a role, such as potential depression because your hubby is away for such long periods each day or even 'comfort' eating to ease the loneliness? Other factors not associated with the change in your husband's schedule could be an underactive thyroid, changes in hormone levels or insulin resistance. If you are depressed, or suspect a physical cause like insulin resistance, then it may help to have a medical check-up. Try to spend the time when you wait for your hubby doing some form of physical activity such as skipping, going for brisk walks or cycling on a stationary bicycle, so that you stimulate your metabolism and burn up some energy. This should help with the weight gain and also lift your mood if you do something so positive.

1

Dear Magriet