Posted by: Michelle | 2009-09-01

Eating correctly &  working out

I' m joining our local gym again after 1 year. I eat relatively healthy, but would like to know how much calories I must consume, cause i plan on working out 3 times per week. Each session will last 1 hour.

Dear Michelle
Because most people live such a sedentary lifestyle, even working out for 3 hours per week, will not increase your energy requirement drastically. If you do not want to or need to lose weight, then I would recommend that you have an energy intake of about 2000 kcal per day. If you find that you are losing weight and that you do not want this to occur, then increase your energy intake moderately to about 2200 kcal/day.