Posted by: Lovie | 2009-01-19

Eating Clay @ week37

please advise what impact or necessity it has to eat clay during pregnancy... i heard lot ppl saying its provide iron. is it true, recently i eat lot of food i didn' t eat before. i crave for really strange food, recently i have started eat amasi/ maas in the middle of the i just wake up and go to eat, even in early hours of the day i just for amasi/ maas. but i doubt if that has a bad impact to me and a babes in term of diet.
my biggest worry is this strange appetite for clay stones, my mother and my partner they don' t want me even to reason, they don' t take stories when i tell them that i want clay stones, i have been eating the stuff behind their backs coz i really can' t help it, by my conscious if telling me that this is wrong?

It is possible that you are anaemic and your doctor can check this. However, some women do have strange cravings in pregnancy. It is not healthy to eat clay stones and you should try to avoid it. Rather eat something else when you feel that way.

Posted by: LL | 2009-01-19

If your body needs iron it craves things that doesnt have iron in but smell or taste like it. I have iron-deficiency so i know. You need to see your doc asap and get FERRIMED - an iron supplement. Please dont ignore it becaus ei am aneamic from the deficiency and your baby need the iron and so do u.

Reply to LL