Question
Posted by: Portia | 2013/01/25

Eating cardboard / paper

Dear Doc,

My colleague asked me to post this question. She''s been eating cardboard (tissue box, etc.) for the past few months. She cant understand the reason why she is doing it. She just feels the need to eat it constantly. Is there any way that you could assist if she might need a supplement or if she is missing some nutrients that would cause this behaviour? Thank You

Portia

Your colleague is most probably suffering from a severe iron deficiency anemia and I she will have to consult a doctor for blood tests and treatment.