Question
Posted by: Yolanda | 2010/05/12

Eating before Yoga

Can I eat my dinner before a class of Yoga. Our yoga class at gym is at 7pm and I don''t want to eat afterwards ''cos it''s very late. Would it be okay to have my dinner at 6pm?

Expert ImageYoga

Hi, It is not recomended to practice postures and certain breathing techniques with food in the stomach. The recomendation for yoga practice is on an empty stomach. Many postures will move blood away fromt the digestive tract and into the muscles or put a lot of pressure on the abdomen, and could cause indigestion or digestive problems. It is best to have a big luch and skip dinner or have a very small snack. You might find you sleep better as well, your digestive tract can rest.

1
Posted by: yoga | 2010/05/18

Reply to yoga