Posted by: sharon | 2013-02-07

last year i was hospitalised for not eating - my sugar dropped to 2 - i would like to know if this could have long term side affects on my stomach and on my body - i regularly get stomach aches and nausea

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Sharon,
I need more information. We're you hospitalized for not eating because you are/were suffering from an eating disorder (Anorexia Nervosa) or is their another explanation for your very low intake? This is not a medical forum, so your question pertaining to damage from your low blood sugar needs to go to an endocrinologist of a dietician, but I suspect that if you have resumes eating normally and that you are maintaining a normal blood sugar level, then you are not in physiological danger.