Question
Posted by: Bolo | 2010/07/27

Eating

I''m 101kg and depressed about it. I love eating and continue to eat once I''m full. I eat when I''m sad, happy, bored, etc. I never used to weight this amount and I''m afraid I end up a grossly obese women who gets written about in the " You"  magazine. Where can I go for help? I realised this is not just about making health food choices, eating makes me feel good.

Deciding on an appropriate weight depends on various factors, including your height and general body size. However, you've identified a real problem area when you say you continue to eat when you're full. A good dietician could help you work out a healhy diet for yourself, and a good CBT-oriented psychologist could help you work out a way to stick to your diet and exercise plan, and to find better ways to respond to sadness, boredom, etc, other than eating. You can learn many other healthier ways to feel good, other than eating.
In the first place, don't keep fattening foods in the home, so you can't snack on them, but rather have in your fridge stuff like carrott sticks, grapes, whatever, for when the munchies get hard to resist.
Oh, also - don't talk to any journalists from YOU or other such magazines

4
Posted by: C | 2010/07/28

You can help yourself if you want to. Why don''t you make the decision today: be an obese blob for the rest of your life or start living a healthy life - start with making small changes to your diet and do some exercise, every day. You are the only one who can change this. It will be very difficult, but you can do it if you really want to. My 16 year old daughter lost 25 kgs over the past 18 months, just by eating smaller portions and exercising 5-6 days of the week.

Reply to C
Posted by: lol | 2010/07/27

well, if you DO decide to talk to the journos (or rather, if they decide to talk to YOU), remember to give them a HUGE invoice - strictly COD!!

Reply to lol
Posted by: GEEZ | 2010/07/27

well, at least you have a great sense of humor!! I just about fell of my chair laughing at " YOU"  (excuse the pun).

Reply to GEEZ