Question
Posted by: Anon4this | 2009/11/23

Eating

Hi Cs

I have a huge problem, I can' t stop eating! Or thinking about ford, chocolate, chips, well just anything nice!
I sit here at my desk and the thoughts drive me crazy until I get up and get me some!

I totally hate it! I have gained 10kgs in the past year and now I can see myself gaining even faster.
I used to be a size 6, I am now a 10 and thats soon to change too.

I have made plans to stop this and exercise but that only lasts a few weeks and I' m back to my bad habbits.
I have tried to be commited to my plans but then fail, lose motivations when I see no results.
I have given up 6 times already this year. I can' t seem to stick to these things even when I get other people involved to make it fun I end up ditching them.

Chocolate is my weakness! I used to be a very picky eater but now I eat anything and everything. I see how shocked people look when they see me after a long time and then most prob. the look of pity in their eyes. My bf keeps on telling me that I' m so pretty if only I just lost abit of weight I' d be as hot as I was before which just makes me feel worse than I already do!
Like I feel that he sees me as horrible and I hate sex because then I have to undress and I feel like this huge horrible monster and this just turns me off.
Its as if he goes out of his way to show me that he loves my body but in the end he says, all you have to do is just lose a bit over here ... and here ... and here and then you' l be perfect!

I want to be able to do this and I know I need to but I just cant!
I cant speak to anyone about it either as its really a sensitive issue to me and they would just see how weak I am.

What can I do? I eat and eat and eat adn still want more.
I don' t go a day without having choc. Some weeks I have a slab of choc.every day. I hide things so that people won' t see how much I eat.I eat in secret, I tell my bf I never ate when I already have. All sorts of choc. are floating around in my head at this very moment waiting for me to go get them!

I am 24, have no illness, theres nothing medically wrong with me! Its all in my head and I can' t stop it.
When I do try to go without even for a day I feel like dying, like I' m torturing myself, I feel sorry for myself, I hate myself and then just give in.

Neither 5HTP nor Tryptophan have good evidence of their usefulness, taken by mouth, for any reason, and would not be recommended by most shrinks.
See a psychologist for CBT to change your bad eating habits, as that therapy is designed to change bad habits

4
Posted by: L | 2009/11/23

Why not post under " Diet Doc"  for more appropriate response.

Reply to L
Posted by: Anon4this | 2009/11/23

Hi There!
Thanks for your reply.
So this was not prescribed by a dr. and I can get 5-HTP &  Tryptophan over the counter?
Cs is this safe for me to try?

Reply to Anon4this
Posted by: disorder | 2009/11/23

eating disorder. you need to see a psychologist or get some professional help. It' s an unhealthy relationship with food.
I know because it' s the same for me.
Can' t afford the doc right now so.... I have been taking 5-HTP and Tryptophan, over-the-counter supplements. They elevant your modd and reduce carb cravings.
And it works! Like a bomb! For me, anyway.
I take it in the morniong and eat breakfast and then often don' t even think about food and when I get hungry again I just take another one before I eat.
So I do eat, but it' s much less than I usually would and it definitely helps me eat less amounts and less snacking inbetween.
It has gradually reduced my appetite and I haven' t had the 5-HTP in 3 days and my appetite is still less.

Hope it works for you / or that you find something that does.
Don' t let obsessions with food ruin your life.
I' m losing weight nicely now, slowly but surely.

Reply to disorder