Posted by: becca | 2009-10-02

I have a relative that has confided that she is HIV + and I being a support to her would like to assist.. Can you give ma an eating plan to help boost her immune system and will not have an effect with her taking the anti retro viral meds as well. Tx

Dear Becca
The correct diet can make a great difference to a patient's overall health and immunity. You can contact the SA Sugar Association to obtain their Booklet on 'Food Choices for People Living with HIV' from The Nutrition Department, SA Sugar Association, P O Box 700, Mount Edgecombe, 4300, or phone: (031) 508-7000, or send an e-mail to: for excellent information on diets for HIV. Also do a search on the DietDoc Website with “Diets for HIV/AIDS” by clicking on ‘Diet’ at the top of this page and then doing the search.