Posted by: VEDRA | 2009-09-14

Good day

I had an ear infection for the second time this year. the second time I went to a Hotsprings and I was told that this has happened to more than one person. Shall I see an ENT specialist just to make sure that everythng' s ok? I don' t have any pain at the moment and my ear just sounds blocked sometimes. it' s been a couple of days after I have used the antibiotic.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Verda

It is possible that you are suffering from outer ear infection (otitis externa)or a middle ear infection. The only way to be certain would be for an ENT spesialist to examine you. If you do however respond to the prescribed medication, the best could be to avoid water in your ear when you are out swimming again. Otitis externa is most likely caused by the water, and the advice from your ENT on how to avoid this in future will be very helpfull.