Posted by: Tinky | 2010-07-09

Earplugs continued...

thank you for your advice previously.

can''t believe a pharmacist recommended I put clear silicone from hardware shop in my ears... luckily no harm done..

However, I suspect there are small traces of the silicone still in my ears. Can you recommend how to safely get my ears cleaned. Is there a special wash or product I can use that is safe to get rid of this.

Thank You

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Tinky

The safest way would be for someone to first have a look in the earcanal to see if any residual material is noted. If this is the case, I would recommend you visit your ENT surgeon to have this removed under microscopic vision with gentle suctioning. This also allows for proper examination of the entire ear canal, as the microscope used for this will allow for a 200x to 250x enlargement.