Question
Posted by: Lindsaytom | 2012-10-19

Early scan scare

I just needed some clarity.

my LMP was 01/09/2012 which would make me 6wks 6days pregnant. However I had slight spotting last weekend and called my Doc who could only see me the Tues (6wks 3days) and did a scan.
She scanned in silence quick and said you''re spot on to where you should be. Gestational Sac measures 1.1cm. And that was it.

At this time should you not be seeing a yolk sac and foetal pole or start of a foetal pole.

She prescribed me Cyclogest 200mg once a day and said I should see her in a week. Doc said that your body doesn''t hold onto anything which is not meant to be. That was her ending words but that next week should be better.

I left not understanding whats happening or knowing if this is good or bad. Right now I''m concerned, could I be losing my baby or could the dates just be out?

I fell pregnant on 1st round of clomid after TTC for 13months naturally. She assumed I ovulated on either CD14/15 but my cycle was not 28 days exactly, ranged between 28 - 31 days monthly.

Should I be worried?

It depends whether the scan was vaginal or not. If it was through the tummy, you might not see a fetal pole at this stage.Also after Clomid, your cycle might have been a bit different and you dates could be out a bit. The only thing to do is wait for the repeat scan.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-10-30