Question
Posted by: Why? | 2010/02/05

Early Period

I have been using Yaz for the last 5 months now and everything has been fine so far. Yesterday, my period started, 2 days early... 2 active pills before the inactive pills. I didn' t know that it was possible to start early when using the pill? Also, it' s got a strange, brown colour (not the same as the usual first day brownish red colour). I have also had unusual lower abdomen pain (I don' t usually get pains) I am diabetic and I have been on a 3-day course of antibiotics about 2 weeks ago. Is there any reason for concern or is this normal? I am not worried, it' s just quite strange.

It was probably the antibiotics which affected your cycle. You would also be at risk for pregnancy as antibiotics can interfere with the Pill.

1