Question
Posted by: Roxy | 2010/10/11

Early Morning vomiting - in a male

Hi there doc, my hubby vomits every morning after he gets up. He is quite stressed but this has been happening for months now. He says its stress but im concerned that its not something physical? He says sometimes there is blood. Maybe an ulcer? He refuses to go to GP as he thinks the GP will prescribe " happy pills"  and he doesnt believe in that. But this cant be good, should I persist in trying to get him to GP? Or is it most likely psycological?

Hallo Roxy
Early morning vomiting is definitely not normal and a worrying symptom as it can sometimes be the first sign of increased pressure in the brain (like with tumors) It can also be caused by stress or a stomach ulcer, so he really needs to be evaluated properly. He has the last say in his treatment so can refuse "happy pills" but I think at least a few basic examinations are necessary to exlude more dangerous causes of his symptoms.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/11

Hallo Roxy