Question
Posted by: Sue | 2009/01/28

Early menopause or just disrupted cycle

Good Morning,

After having a period taht lasted 10 days in December, i had a 12 break, then a period again. I went to my GP, who ordered blood tests and a sonar. The sonar showed that all was normal and that I was preovulatory. The FSH test came back at 9.5 whilst the estrogen count was normal. My doc said the FSH count could mean either the start of menopause or just a disrupted cycle. I am 38, have a 8 yr old daughter, and have always had a regular normal cycle.
Please help - what is this FSH count most likely to mean? The test was done on day 5 of my cycle, whilst I was still bleeding.

Thanks.

It does not suggest early menopause.