Question
Posted by: Neli G | 2010/01/07

Early menopause and pains

Dear Doc

I an 34 and have been recently diagnosed with early menopause and I have accepted that with heavy clots and irregular period (just had 41 day cycle). Why is it that I still have pains somewhere on mid-cycle because I should not be ovulating. When can I expect a stop in periods completely?

Dear Neli G

I would certain review the diagnosis of early menopause and perhaps consider the diagnosis of premature ovarian failure which in some instances can spontaneously revert to normal and result in occasional ovulation. Once the diagnosis of premature menopause is made there should be no periods and the fact that you are still getting spontaneous menstruation brings in to question whether this diagnosis is correct or not.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2010/01/08

Dear Neli G

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert