Posted by: Sharkey | 2012-11-12

early menopause

Dear Doc,
I had a scrape done and a pollip removed in March this year. The month after the procedure I nearly did not bleed at all, the month after that it bled like a faucet. Since then my periods have been very irratic, I used to be on the spot 28 days. A lady that works with me said that everything im describing sounds like menopause.

I am 33, can a scrape bring about early onset menopause? This month my period is 9 days late, on the date it was supposed to happen I had what looked like brownish discharge for about half hour then nothing since then but i have had all tha pains like my period is there but with no bleeding. I have done 3 home preg. testes and they all are negative. Today I have blood that looks like " gel"  and it too only appeared in the morning and I put in a pad and now there is nothing but one little spot on the pad.

Where I live gynae''s are rare so the nearest one is about an hour or so away and very expensive, not to mention very rude. Do you have any advice?

No it does not sound like menopause. It sounds like either a hormone imbalance or a complication of the scrape. You will have to see your gynaecologist or GP for further tests.

Posted by: Fernando | 2012-11-25

I don''t know if you''re from Canada. But you are one of those classic STUPID pelpoe that always think the West is everything. I''m a proud American, but I don''t think that the West is always better. I live in Southern CA, so I have a chance to interact with many asian immigrants and hear their opinions on the insurance. There are really are many role models for us in the East as well. I don''t understand why some Democrats try to glorify the Canadian system.

Reply to Fernando