Question
Posted by: Jen | 2010/03/15

Early menopause...?

I am 46 yrs old. Never been pregnant. I''ve had regular like clock-work periods since the age of 11 - 26-day cycle. This month I am over 2 weeks late. I did a pregnancy test which is negative. I have also developed what looks like dark pigmentation on one of my lower legs and foot (no pain or irritation). Is this early menopause?

Hallo Jen
It is more likely at your age that you are going into Peri-menopause - which can be a year or two of irregular menstruation, hot flushes and other symptoms that come and go. This is caused by fluctuation of the hormones even though you may still have enough esterogen in your body. The dark pigmentation may have another cause, rather let your Doctor have a look at this

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/15

Hallo Jen

Reply to cyberdoc