Posted by: Ann | 2009-07-27

early menopause

I am on HRT (oestrogen) as a result of a full hysterectomy - I really struggle with vaginal dryness. Is there a way around this?

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Let's get understanding of what a "full hysterectomy " means. It is a total removal of both ovaries as well as uterus, IT is called "surgical menopause" as it immediately forces women into menopause, no matter what age they are. It can indeed be traumatic. The reason why the sexual body takes so much strain is because in one fowl swoop you have all your sex hormones removed: estrogen , progesterone,testosterone. This leaves you feeling all the symptoms of menopause, which includes vaginal dryness.

I have to assume you were not treated for cancer as you are on estrogen. I hope your other menopausal symptoms are being attended to so your quality of life remains excellent. In terms of vaginal dryness it is real common that the systemic estrogen you are taking is just not enough to replenish your vagina completely. Commonly gynecologists will add in a local vaginal estrogen replacement as part of your replacement therapy. There are a number on the market so get your gynae who knows you well, to prescribe the best one suited to your unique needs.

Posted by: abc | 2009-09-12

Should we eating any tablet for increasing orgasm?

Reply to abc