Question
Posted by: Joe | 2012-11-27

Early ejaculation

Hi Doc, I am a male in my early 40''s. Lately when I mastrubate, I seem to ejaculate prior to reaching an orgasm. Is this normal?

You probably did not know but ejaculation and orgasm are two separate things.
Right before orgasm, seminal fluids build up at the base of the penis in the urethral bulb. This reaps the familiar feeling that you're about to ejaculate. Then, whilst reaching orgasm, your testicles tighten up close to your body, and your urinary tract shuts down so that your ejaculate can exit from your penis rather than your bladder. And of course, all those muscle contractions signify that orgasm is taking place.

Ejaculation, however, is a spontaneous muscle spasm: A reflex that arises at the base of the spine and causes the ejection of semen. Lucky for you, this "spasm" garners a great sensation. But because so many guys have learned to mesh both orgasm and ejaculation, it has become quite difficult, albeit possible, for them to separate the two.
Keep in mind that all those amazing sensations you feel approaching as you get ready to ejaculate are coming from your orgasm rather than your ejaculate. I know, you probably feel your orgasm approaching as you feel your ejaculate traveling through your genitalia, but believe me, it's a learned sensation: You've learned to associate the two so you likely believe that one isn't possible without the other. So in short – you are more normal than what you might have thought
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealthza.co.za. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

2
Posted by: chris | 2013-01-21

EVERY TIME I HAVE SEX ITS OVER IN FEW SECONDS WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING???

Reply to chris
Posted by: sha | 2012-12-04

Hi doctor,
Me also have the same issue which you explain, what is the solution and what we have to do.

Reply to sha