Question
Posted by: Quickie | 2008/09/21

early ejaculation

I' m a 30 yr old male, i can barely go over a minute without ejaculating in my first round and it takes over an hour to recover for the next round. I used to go 15- 20 mins first round before and could do 2 to 3 rounds in an hour.

I used to wank while surfing porn. Could that be the reason?

What can i do to remedy this?

Response from sexology will be appreciated.

It may be that you have become accustomed to ejaculating so quickly if you have been masturbating for a while; there's no one to delay ejaculation for if you are masturbating. Also the sensation differs between a dry hand and a moist vagina...so it could be that you have forgotten how arousing this is and the need to keep a closer watch on your arousal level to catch it in time and to use delay strategies (e.g. slowing breathing, changing pace or even stopping movement). There is some evidence that suggests that use of internet porn changes the arousal circuit in the brain, effectively meaning that you get used to such high levels of stimulation and require more to achieve similar levels of arousal, does this ring true for you if you think about what turns you on now?

To remedy this I would encourage you to stop masturbating to porn on the internet for starters, and to try to focus more on sex with your partner (this is not a moral standpoint, but rather based on what we are learning about how internet porn can alter the brain's functioning). If you have been aiding sex by using fantasy, again, focus on your partner and what you are doing in the moment. Get back in touch with your sensations, and particularly focus on how aroused you are (try scoring yourself on a scale of 0-10, with 8 being the point at which there's no turning back - usually you will notice some telltale changes in your scrotum. Catch yourself at about a 6/10 so that you have time to slow down the process.) If you still struggle, then you might need to practice ejaculatory control during masturbating (e.g. with a partner, or to fantasies about your partner) so that you can regain the control you had before.