Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2012-02-25

Early detection tests

When i took out my early detection pregnancy test this morning i noticed that there was a blue horizontal line in the result windowwhen i took it out the packaging. I brought the same test earlier on in the week and it had no lines on it. I did the test this morning anyway but nothing changed in the result window but i got a line in the contol window indicationg that the test worked. I left the test and went to bed. A few hours later when i looked at the test again, i saw a faint put possitive blue line indication a possitive result. The test i brought earlier on in the week, i also left it for about 20 minutes and when i came back and looked at it again, there was a hardy visable faint possitive line in the result window. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. I am 3 days late for my period and im very confused? Should i get another test and wait for the morning again? Please help.

You must read the test immediately, not wait 20 minutes. It is not accurate then. The correct result is the one your read after 2 minutes.

2
Posted by: Slippers | 2012-02-27

Hi Nicky

I would wait for morning and do another test, perhaps try a different brand as well.
The tests tell you not to check the results after a certain amount of time, and do yourself a favour - THROW AWAY the test after the test time is up - the dye has something in it that often makes a test positive after a while, even though its negative.

Try again in the morning, and I hope you get your positive! If nothing and you''re worried, then go and have a blood test done at Lancet Laboraties, it costs about R100 and you will have a definitive answer in an hour.

Good luck!

Reply to Slippers
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-02-27